Friday 1 January 2010

get drawing

I've been catching up on the blogs I follow over the past few hours...

Dan Roam (author of the excellent Back of the Napkin) shared this story of an airline hostess who encouraged passengers to draw during flight to break things up.

Now, I'm not great at drawing, but that's not the point of the book, or the story. Reading this story made me think about how accessible drawing is. We got the weeWeir a simple magna-doodle-type toy for Christmas (no, it wasn't from Santa), and the story makes me want to encourage Beth to be able to express herself with pictures as well as words.

In other thoughts, I also found it a little odd that people had put the artwork in a museum already. I get the reasoning, but it still seems a little strange.

What do you think? Can you draw?

No comments: