Sunday 24 January 2010

chrome = quick boot?

While I hope to spend most of my time in the present, I've definitely got an interest in what's next and what opportunites that might present themselves.

So, I try and keep up with some futurologists and what they are banging on about. Ian Pearson talked about something he misses from the past. He misses the Sinclair Spectrum because
"there is nothing on the market now with the same functionality as the legendary Sinclair Spectrum, which used to allow users to play games or write simple programs on it within seconds of switching it on"
While my Android powered G1 doesn't boot up that quickly, having seen the speed at which some netbooks (particularly those running light versions of Linux) can boot, it made me wonder if that's what Google are trying to do with their Chrome OS...?

No comments: