Thursday 22 October 2009

Stereotypes are always a right pain, aren't they?

I thought it was very cool to see that a fisherman off the West of Scotland handed in a couple of rare fish to the local Sea Life sanctuary. These were Grey trigger fish that are not normally found in the waters where he cast his nets. The story is here, if you've not seen it.

Perhaps we're more used to the image of factory-boat fisherman who trawl everything over a huge distance, not bothering about unexpected - or unwanted - sea life.

I wonder what the statistics are for the number of "good" fisherman for every "bad" fisherman. Or maybe we can substitute fisherman for bus drivers, car salespeople or call handlers?

Today, I'll try and keep clear of presuming I've got it all figured out before I interact with people. How 'bout you?

No comments: