Monday 26 October 2009

Friday night is alright.

I'd like to think that I have a healthy balance between being hyper-organised and letting life unfold as it happens. "Riding the wave" has been a phrase on my mind recently.

Particularly when working, I create a mental plan of what I'd like to see happen - packing my bag with stuff for work the night before, ironing shirts in a batch, rather than one by one (they're the only thing I iron as a matter of course). That's all normal, right? You do that too, don't you?

When making plans for say a holiday or a day out with babyB, I'd hope to not get so obsessed by The Plan that there's no flexibility though!

Anyway, some time ago, I read an article about why it's a good idea to get some exercise at the end of the working week. I'd totally recommend reading it. If I could find it. And I can't. I've spent about half an hour searching online for it and had no joy. Tried four search engines, a myriad of search terms and no joy.

The article pointed to a study that showed your weekend would be more energised if you spent about 30 minutes doing something active on a Friday night - rather than simply heading for the pub and singing a few shandies or babychams.

All this to ask you to consider changing your plans a little for a Friday night - or whenever you see the end of your working week to be. As part of the *rest* you need to give yourself, take a little time to stretch the muscles (internal and external) and see how you feel. I've seen me chicken out a few times, so please don't think I'm Mr Perfect. Not all the time at least... ;-P

Possibly rough the first time you do it, but it's worth it for the post-exercise buzz that gives you a lift as you live your weekend.

Give it a shot and see how it works out for you - and let me know if it's not working and I'll stop too (maybe).

No comments: