Monday 15 February 2010

what's your problem?

So, the title is a bit provocative. But you're okay with that, right?

I like what Tom Peters has to say about Leadership. I like a lot of what he has to say. Interesting 2 minute clip of some thoughts on what the real *problem* is:


So this makes me think about two things in particular:

1) responses are key, and our response is driven by our character. The responses I gave to questions as a know--most-of-it twenty year old are not the same ones that I would give now. Some of that is a good thing. Most of it, in fact, but there's a tiny part of me wants to respond with that little bit more clarity than I do now. But that's an aside.

2) our behaviours will lead to us having to respond. We can't just do stuff and expect to get away with it. I don't think we were made to just float through life without being accountable for who we are and how we live our lives.

What's your response? Do you care what other's responses are going to be?

I'm definitely asking that my character continues to mature - with losing the freshness of my youth. Stale = stinky!

No comments: