Thursday 16 July 2009

Typefaces give us signals

A while back I made up some posters for our area at work. When they were printed, the font was wrong.

While it was not ideal for the trees, I fixed the problem and got them reprinted. One of McColleagues laughed that I was so concerned with the font.

My reasons for wanting the font to be right. Aside from bringing some balance to the design, consistent fonts make a difference. They give us signposts as to what we are looking at. Subliminal or not.

So, you can imagine my delight when Garr Reynolds shared this:

(here is the source is you can't see the embed)

A nice little tune, a bit of humour and a simple point well made. I love it.

What do you think?

Typefaces give us signals.

1 comment:

Steve P said...

http://bancomicsans.com/home.html