Sunday 22 February 2009

Share the Joy

Today, Mrs theWeir and I took babyB to get her first pair of shoes.  She's a few weeks away from her first birthday, which will be great to celebrating.  After leaving the shop with the shoes on her feet, we spent a bit of time walking as a family - babyB holding us both by the hand and walking along in her first pair of shoes.  

What a joy!  It was great to have this moment together, to walk at a slow pace and simply enjoy being together.  A real moment of peace and joy in my heart.  I thanked God for those steps we took together.

So, it got me thinking.  Life is full of challenges, of highs and lows.  Everyday, there must be something that happens which also brings me joy.  So, why not share them?  With the micro-sharing tool of twitter, I can share the joy with you.  But the discipline will help me savour more moments of life.  And that can only be a good thing.

I'll be trying to do this everyday, and use the hash-tag #sharethejoy - if you are on twitter, why don't you join me and share the joy.

Let me know what you think - leave a comment or DM me on twitter.

Grace & Peace,

W

No comments: