Wednesday 25 February 2009

people are worth it

I remember hearing someone say "the price you are willing to pay for something indicates how much you value the person who made it".  Ouch.  I think it was Rob Bell.

Watching this video from TED 2002 made me think a lot about how much we value people - what we think about those on the margins.  What Bill Strickland achieved up to that point was pretty awe-inspiring.



A great line: "you must be prepared to act on your dreams, just in case they do come true".  A tremendous story of how treating people with respect makes a real impact.  It's also a great story of how music can be such a vital part of living.  Some great sounds from Herbie Hancock too.

There's a ton of content on his website, but enjoy the inspiration here and reflect on hope.  I thank God for people of hope, for those who don't give up in the face of adversity - and for the hope I have, a that doesn't disappoint.

No comments: